Excited to be headed to DevLearn with a group of 9 students from our graduate program. It is so much fun to bring people new to the field to the DevLearn Conference. We are excited to be part of a large event.
The students will get to experience some amazing events.
1) Play to Learn: Designing Effective Games Workshop. Actually in this workshop students will be helping attendees think of game ideas and they will be assisting with the workshop activities.
2) Attendance at special student events hosted by industry experts. They’ll sit in on two lunch time sessions called “How Do I Get That Job?” and “What I Learned After College.”
3) An exclusive tour of the Expo hall. We’ll stop by a couple of booths and chat it up with vendors to find out the latest and greatest advances in products related to eLearning, mLearning and instructinal design.
4) They will meet luminaries in the field as we explore the conference and take the time to stop by and chat with experts, book authors and people making ground breaking advancements in the field.
5) Observing their professor “in the wild.” They’ll get to see me out of class as I present a B.Y.O.D.s session called “The Engagement Abyss: Three Effective Methods to Engage Learners” We will be using an audience response system to create an engaging presentation and spilling secrets so others can do the same.
6) Meeting authors at the author meet and greet on Thursday afternoon which will even include their professor:)
7) Students are displaying projects at DemoFest!!! Our students have created some awesome courses and are eager to demonstrate them to show what they can do!! This is the highlight and the students have some impressive projects to show.
So if you have a chance, stop me and the students from Bloomsburg University and say “HI” they have worked hard to attend the conference and have some wonderful results to show for it.
Hope to see you there!!