Recently a number of folks have asked me some questions about 3D worlds that I think can be answered in some of my previous posts so here are some of those posts as answers to frequently asked questions about virtual immersive environments:
1) How do I get started in 3D?
Five Tips on 3D eLearning and Training Courtesy of VenueGen
2) How do I create the right environment for my organization’s 3D learning space?
Creating the right 3D learning space environment.
3)How do I overcome the objection “3D environments look too much like a game?”
Overcoming the objection: 3D environments look too much like a game.
4)How do I evaluate or measure the learning that occurs in a 3D virtual immersive environment?Looking for Ideas on How to Measure Virtual World Learning
5) Should learners be allowed to customize their own avatar or should we just give them generic avatars to get them started?Encourage Avatar Customization in a Virtual World Class
6) Will virtual immersive environments really work for virtual conferences?
I Have Seen the Future of Conferences…and it is 3D!
7) What are some “lessons learned” from 3D implementations?
Three Lessons from Virtual World Implementations
8) What are some design principles for developing a learning event in 3D?
Eight 3D Virtual World Design Principles
9) What are some tips for creating meaningful 3D virtual world training events?
Using Virtual Worlds in the Conspiracy to Create an ah-ha Moment and Creating a “Story” as the Foundation for Virtual World Learning Events
10) What are some “not-so-obvious” things about virtual worlds for learning?
Three “Not So Obvious” Obvious Things about Virtual Worlds
BONUS: What is pushing organizations toward 3D virtual worlds for learning and collaboration?8 Scary and Uncomfortable Reasons for the Growth of Virtual Worlds